Door Autolock option while driving (T33)

• REF: 1-53SZ45

Dear Mr ........,

based on your request from 04. 04. 2013, regarding information about the absence of "anti-hijack" feature in vehicle New Nissan Qashqai, we had received an answer from the Technical department of Nissan Sales CEE Kft.

The answer is as follows:

Removal of this feature is based on a new regulation, and vehicle new Nissan Qashqai is one of the pioneers not having such features, and all the rest of the manufacturers will follow this.

"Please note that there is an impact sensor to unlock the car in case of accident: a signal from the airbag unit is sent to the body control module to unlock the doors if they are locked at the time of a collision. BUT this system is not guaranteed to function in case the airbag or BCM wire is cut during an impact therefore we cannot get regulation approval."

Based on the above, no manufacturers are supposed to offer such feature from mid 2015.

1.5 VC-T e-POWER 157 kW 4x4 e-4ORCE Tekna+

Farbe Champagnersilber, Kontrastfarbe: Schwarz

Hochwertiges Leder, hellbraun. 20-Zoll-Leichtmetallfelgen. GARANTIE 5 Jahre / 150.000 KM

• Thanks for confirming this.

i like the phrase ....Pioneers of not having this feature :) (in their view less is more).

I found documents of the regulation proposal from 2013..but seems to be active for all new after 2015-16.

Not sure what the regulators are truly thinking on this, as the cases of car hijacking or unauthorized access in traffic must be far greater than someone forgetting someone at the car while the car is in use.

Anyway

Have a good day.

s.

• The car of my wife, a VW Taigo build this year, has the autolock funktion. Even in my Ford Edge from 2019 the autolock is included in the ECM and can be enabled by coding. So I call bullshit.

Träger des roten Gürtels in Okidoki und Snafu

T33 ePower e-4orce Tekna+

• I have a friend with jeep Renegade and was saying that they don't have this either. Not sure how to translate the EU regulation or whether this is a Japan thing ...but without technical justification this is really stupidity.

Do you think that's these functions could be enabled potentially through OBD2, i thought was offering more monitoring of messages and sensor data rather than changing parameters of the vehicle.

S.